Can I use Tea tree oil on face overnight for pimples and acne? Yes. Read this article to understand how. Pimples and acne can severely affect your image and bite on your confidence. You always have the feeling that someone is looking at those pimples on your face more than they should.
The emergence of acne and pimples is not something you have much control over. If you are in such a position then there is good news. You do not need to run to your dermatologist to prescribe for you complex concoction to solve the issue. The solution may be as near as you had not imagined in the form of tea tree oil.
Tea tree oil is an effective applicant that can rid you of that nagging pimple and acne condition right at home. The simplest method you can use is tea tree oil against your acne and pimples is by using a few drops on your face and letting it stay overnight.
- Use Tea Tree Oil on Face Overnight
- Tea Tree Oil for Eczema overnight
- Tea Tree Oil for Rosacea overnight
- Tea Tree Oil for rash
- Tea Tree Oil for acne scars overnight
- Tea Tree Oil during pregnancy
- Tea Tree Oil Side Effects
- Tea Tree Oil Pimples Overnight
- How to dilute Tea Tree Oil for face overnight
- Tea Tree Oil Face Mask Recipe for Acne Scars
- Where to buy Tea Tree Oil for Face?
Use Tea Tree Oil on Face Overnight
Before using this method, it is worth knowing that tea tree oil is a very potent compound. It is most likely harsh on your skin and therefore it is advised to use a few drops and dilute them down to about 5% concentration of tea tree oil.
If you decide to go with 100% pure tea tree oil, then ensure that you use the littlest amount you can. Tea tree oil is quite effective and therefore you should not worry about results and how they relate with the quantity of tea tree oil you are using.
Steps to follow
- Make sure your face is clean and dry.
- Apply a few drops of tea tree oil to a cotton by inverting the bottle containing tea tree oil onto the tip of the cotton bud wound. About 2 drops are enough.
- Using a mirror, identify your pimples and acne spots and gently apply the tea tree oil in the cotton bud. Apply specifically to the affected spot and not the whole face.
- Leave the tea tree oil on your face overnight.
PS: The above procedure is for the simplest and the most effective method that takes advantage of tea tree oil in its purest form. You could opt for other methods that use tea tree oil infused with face cream and leave overnight.
Tea Tree Oil for Eczema overnight
Pimples and acne may not be the problem that you need a quick remedy for when using tea tree oil. The antimicrobial properties of tea tree oil makes it effective against eczema as well. There are a different types, severity, and prevalence of eczema, all of which cause skin irritation that will eventually need medical attention.
Using tea tree oil as a home remedy would save you the time and cost of seeing a dermatologist.
- In a ½ cup of coconut oil, add 20 drops of pure tea tree oil.
- Stir gently to form a uniform mixture of both.
- Using cotton balls of a convenient size, apply to the affected area.
- Best applied twice a day.
Tea Tree Oil for Rosacea overnight
The effectiveness of tea tree oil against a wide range of conditions cannot be underestimated. Rosacea is an uneasy condition that shows signs of lumpiness and awkward acne. Tea tree oil has proven to be effective against rosacea. Follow the below steps for a simply remedy procedure.
- Add a few drops of 100% pure tea tree oil onto your typical face wipe. It is better if the drops are evenly spread on the wipe.
- Make sure that your face is clean and dry.
- Gently apply on the affected area in a circular motion.
- Apply at least once a day for a 7 days.
Tea Tree Oil for rash
There are a variety of causes of skin rash that includes microbes and body immune changes among others. If your skin rash is microbe-related, which seems to be the most common type of rash, then chances are that you need an external applicant appropriate for disinfecting the skin.
Rashes can affect people of virtually all ages and therefore you may have had or will have rashes in the near future. Tea tree oil can relieve you of rashes in any part of your skin and leave it looking radiant and healthy again.
- Dilute 100% pure tea tree oil to water at a concentration of 5% W/W.
- Dip a cotton ball in the solution and gently apply to patch of skin affected by rash.
- Repeat twice a day.
- Add 15-20 drops of 100% pure tea tree oil to water filled halfway in your bathtub
- Submerge yourself for about 3 minutes.
- Repeat at least twice daily for 5 to 7 days.
- Add 1 or 2 drops of tea tree oil to your cream or lotion.
- Apply on your skin.
- Repeat at least twice daily for 5 to 7 days.
Tea Tree Oil for acne scars overnight
If your acne is embarrassing enough, then the scars they leave behind can even take the embarrassment further than you would expect. Severe acne tend to leave scars behind in the form of small lumps on the skin that cannot go away by the usual dermatologically recommended solutions.
Most of those solutions are far from being effective. Tea tree oil is the inexpensive, readily accessible solution that can clear your acne scars, lighten the darkened scar area, and restore the natural processes that keep your skin healthy and acne-free.
Procedure for applying Tea oil for acne scars is:
- Prepare a 15% tea tree oil solution.
- Make sure that the area to be applied is skin and dry.
- With a cotton ball, apply the solution to the scar area.
- Leave overnight.
- Rinse with clean running water in the morning and dry are with a clean towel.
- Repeat the procedure every night until scar subsides.
Tea Tree Oil during pregnancy
Being pregnant calls for a lot of care when using such potent compounds as tea tree oil. You need to know that tea tree oil is quite a “powerful” compound that can cause severe side effects when used wrongly.
Using tea tree oil during pregnancy should not be a problem to any user, so long as you use it in diluted form, the correct dosage, and only on unbroken skin.
Under no circumstances should tea tree oil be applied on broken skin or on mucus membranes such as the inner linings of the nostrils. However, pregnant and lactating mothers can use tea tree oil.
No scientific evidence has found any vulnerability for using tea tree when one is pregnant. Otherwise it would be wise to seek the professional advice of your doctor before opting for tea tree oil as one of your home remedies.
Tea Tree Oil Side Effects
As much as tea tree may be the miracle natural antibiotic that deserves to place in any product used outside the human body, it has a few bothering downsides that you need to know before using it.
Most people prefer to use tea tree oil without any medical advice which could endanger their health other than helping them. Here are a few side effects that you cannot ignore.
- Bad breath and bad smell
- Bad taste at times
- Worsening of allergies
- Skin irritation that may occur in many forms including itching and redness, more so for those using tea tree oil to fight acne and pimples. However, there is a better you can use it.
Tea Tree Oil Pimples Overnight
The pimple problem is one that almost everyone will be facing throughout their lives. The good part is that tea tree oil can save you from picking your face or using costly solutions that may end up complicating your condition even further. Here are a few steps to consider.
What you need (Ingredients)
- A cotton ball, preferably the size of your thumb – the applicator
- 100% pure tea tree oil – the main ingredient
- Coconut oil – the moisturizer.
- In a receptacle, add half a cup of coconut oil.
- Add half a teaspoon of 100% pure tea tree oil
- Properly mix to form a perfect blend
- With a cotton ball, apply the blend evenly on your face. Avoid eyes, mouth, and nostrils.
- Leave overnight and then wash in the morning.
PS.: this is just one of the methods that you could use to create a homemade tea tree oil solution for your pimples. If you opt to go for diluted tea tree oil rather than use an additional oil like coconut or almonds, then read below.
How to dilute Tea Tree Oil for face overnight
Tea tree oil always has to be diluted for use, unless your doctor advises you otherwise with reasons. The side effects written above show that wrongful use of this natural miracle antibiotic can cause irreparable harm. Here is how you can prepare a well diluted tea tree solution to use on your face overnight to cure your pimple problem.
What you need
- A soluble version of 100% pure tea tree oil – the purer the better.
- Clean water free of impurities – impurities could compromise or alter the effect of tea tree oil.
- A mixing receptacle.
Pharmacists tend to recommend a concentration of between 2% and 5% of the tea tree oil in a given solution given the potency of tea tree oil itself. Depending on the usage, it is therefore advisable to keep the concentration under 5%. Anything above 5% may be consider rather toxic for your skin. Follow the steps below to make a recommended tea tree oil solution to use for your overnight facial treatment.
- Add half a cup of water into the mixing receptacle.
- Add a half a spoon of the soluble tea tree oil.
- Stir until the solution becomes even.
- It is ready for use on your skin.
Tea Tree Oil Face Mask Recipe for Acne Scars
The advantage of home remedies for your acne scars is that you can come up with different recipes that suit more than they suit someone else. You could opt for the clay-based mask or a generic an ingredient-filled face mask based on ingredients known to fast-track the skin healing process.
What you need
- Tea tree oil
- Green clay powder
- Clean water
- Mixing bowl
- Add a tablespoon of green clay to the mixing bowl.
- Add about 3 to 4 drops of the tea tree oil.
- Using the spoon, mix the two properly form a smooth paste while adding water. Make sure the mixture forms a spreadable paste.
- Apply the mask evenly to your face.
- Let the mask dry on your skin. It typically takes about 20 minutes.
- Rinse or with clean running water.
PS.: In case you do not fancy the clay as the pasty material, you could opt for jojoba oil, and mashed tomatoes. Both have good skin healing properties that could potentially reduce the visibility of your acne scars.
Where to buy Tea Tree Oil for Face?
There are two options you may be facing when thinking about buying tea tree oil for your face. There is the do-it-yourself option where you buy ingredients to “brew” your own tea tree oil mask or even cream from the comfort of your own.
Then there is the option where you buy an industrially designed product for your face that contains tea tree oil as the primary ingredient. You may want to make a conscious decision in either case. However, there are a number of places you can get such products beginning with your local store, such as Walgreens, Walmart, and Target.
You can also buy them online from Amazon and Mountain Rose Herbs. Buying them from the manufacturer’s online shop is more reliable. You are sure to get the highest product quality and at a discount.
Sources and References