Know more about 100% Pure Tea Tree Oil and how it can be used for Acne. In this article, I also outline where to buy pure Melaleuca Oil for use on skin and face. Finally, I highlight the possible side effects and cautions insofar as the use of melaleuca (tea tree) oil is concerned.
What is 100% Tea Tree Oil
100% tea tree oil is pure Melaleuca oil that is not yet diluted with other substances. You can purchase pure tea tree from drugstores to use in isolation or mix with other oils of choice. Besides, the choice of oil to mix with depends on the purpose of use.
Melaleuca Oil for Acne
Most people can agree with me that acne can be really disturbing and resistant to most skincare products. Different types of skin are prone to acne, but the solution lies with Melaleuca oil.
This substance is effective on acne on any part of your skin from the face, at the back and chest and arms as well. Its antibiotic property kills all bacteria that cause acne and also penetrate the pores to moisturize, nourish and restore your natural oil balance.
Melaleuca Oil for Skin
Melaleuca or tea tree oil is used to treat various skin infections from acne to dry and itching scalp and psoriasis as well as skin wrinkles, rashes and scars. The benefits are numerous and they are largely attributed to the disinfecting and antiseptic properties.
Furthermore, Melaleuca is natural oil with no toxic chemicals which makes it a popular remedy for common skin infections.
It has been proved that a few drops of Melaleuca oil mixed in carrier oil or water works just as well as benzyl peroxide for acne removal. However, it is important to avoid overuse on the skin because it stimulates the body to overproduce natural oil and worsen your acne.
Further to that, always keep your skin away from sunray after application as it makes your skin more sensitive to UV rays.
- Melaleuca oil also helps in removing makeup and other impurities from the skin.
- It is also effective in softening ragged and cracked dry cuticles. This is due to its ability to fight fungus, but you can mix with olive for excellent results.
- Massage the solution daily to cuticles and nails to soften cuticles and deter future splitting.
The antiseptic power makes this oil an appropriate for soothing skin pores. This oil will unclog and clear blockage in the skin pores enabling your skin to function properly. It is also a natural alternative for treating chicken pox and elimination of cold sores.
Melaleuca Oil for face
Melaleuca oil is a perfect natural facial agent. It is used to get rid of wrinkles, rashes and scars from the face. This is attributed to topical antifungal, antibiotic and antiseptic properties that eliminate skin infections, burns, dandruff and so much more. Note that this oil is also gentler on the skin than benzyl peroxide
To use Melaleuca for facial wash, dilute the oil with hazel and apply to your face using cotton swab twice a day; in the morning and evening. As explained earlier, Melaleuca oil also washes away makeup and other impurities from your face.
Always remember to rinse your face with warm water after application. Take note to avoid direct application of pure Melaleuca oil on sensitive skins and avoid areas close to eyes and ears.
Amazing Benefits Melaleuca Oil
There is no doubt that Melaleuca oil is a natural wonder in health and beauty industry. This assertion is supported by Doctor Reema Arora from Caccona Centre for Transformation in India.
This natural oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory as well as nourishing and antiseptic properties. Here are amazing benefits of Melaleuca oil on the skin:
- Glowing skin: Melaleuca tree oil will leave your skin flawless and glowing after removing scars, rashes and wrinkles. Besides, this oil does not peel the skin, cause excessive dryness or any redness to the skin.
- Fight skin cancer: A recent study published in Dermatological Sciences Journal found that Melaleuca oil has the ability to kill cancer cells. Further studies have confirmed that Tea tree oil has the ability to reduce skin cancerous tumors. Isn’t this amazing? Yes it is given that cancer is a dreaded disease affecting millions of people around the world.
- Treat infections, cuts and Scars: This works in the same way like acne. The antimicrobial and disinfecting properties prevents infection to the cuts, thus speeds up the healing process. It further prevents clogging and clears the s of the skin to allow for smooth natural eradication of scars and other spots from the skin.
- Treatment of eczema and Psoriasis: This is attributed to anti-inflammatory ability of the oil. It is natural remedy for eczema and psoriasis.
- Prevent hair loss: Melaleuca oil is often used to promote growth of healthy, longer and thick hair thus preventing loss and fall of hair. This is mainly because it nourishes hair roots and unclogs hair follicles. It also has the ability to cleanse your hair and soothe dry and itching scalp as well as getting rid of dandruff.
Side effects & Precautions of Melaceuca Oil
- Allergies: Allergic reactions have been reported for the ingested tea tree oil. These reactions range from inflammation of the skin to severe blisters and rashes. Besides, overuse of this oil on the skin stimulates the body to overproduce natural oil thus worsening skin disorders.
- Bad breath: A study conducted in UAE that involved Melaleuca oil and cetylpyridinium Chloride or CPC mouthwashes linked Melaleuca mouthwash to bad taste. Generally, most essential oils have bitter taste that can be chocking to children.
- Hormonal Imbalance: Studies have found that Melaleuca oil stimulate growth of breasts in adolescent boys. This is because the oil disrupts endocrine hormones.
- Nasal Polyps: Even though commonly used to treat nasal polyps, Melaleuca oil can cause running nose as well as burning and stinging nose. The polyps tend to swell before shrinking.
Other notable side effects include diarrhea, muscle tremors, irritation of the skin, scalp problems, damage to the ears and inflammation of the mouth. It is clear from this discussion that Melaleuca oil has a baggage of negative effects despite being hailed for healing a variety of topical ailments.
Characteristics of Pure Tree Oil
Probably most of you have wondered why tea tree oil is such an amazing substance that heals many ailments. By simply applying the oil to your hair, it feels heaven and just taking a smell of the same provides a natural high and makes your mind relaxed.
This could be attributed to terpinenol constituent which has beneficial impacts on immune system. This substance makes you numb in a pacifying way for all the senses.
The following are key characteristics of tea tree oil:
Can you consume tea tree oil?
No, tea tree coil is poisonous when ingested and hence should not be swallowed or used around the mouth. Generally, the oil contains terpenes which cannot be assimilated in the body as they can be really tough on the kidney and liver.
Nonetheless, this oil is present in mouthwash, toothpaste and other household oral products. But consumption in these products is merely in very small amounts which is safe.
Where to Buy Pure Tea Tree Oil
- Online stores like Amazon
- Local natural grocery
- Supermarkets like Wal-Mart, Walgreen and Tesco
- Pharmacies and drugstores
Sources and References