Learn the benefits of raw honey mask for face or acne. Does raw honey work for blackheads? What about honey cinnamon mask for a dry skin? In this article I explain how you can use raw honey effectively for your face and for the removal of pimples to make it smooth and lovely.
What is a Raw Honey Mask?
Raw honey mask nourishes and moisturizes your skin. Honey face masks have been used since ancient civilizations to heal skin disorders and for general skin care. The healing properties in honey have made it even more popular today than it was a century ago.
Raw honey mask have many that can help reduce facial scars, get rid of acne and prevent skin diseases. It is a great alternative to conventional skin treatments that have little or no effect on troubled skin. Some artificial skin products make your skin worse (especially the sensitive types) by either drying or inflaming it.
Honey’s natural properties are suitable for the skin because it has natural antibacterial properties. This can be noticed through the suppleness of your skin after use.
How to prepare Raw Honey Mask
In order to make raw honey mask you would need to:
- Take one teaspoonful of raw honey
- Gently spread it all over your face in a systematic even manner.
- Leave it for between 20-60 minutes
- Rise with cool or lukewarm water then dry your face.
Avoid the temptation of using too much honey-a single teaspoon is enough for the entire face. Excess honey will make honey drip or spread all over. Besides, it is economical to use only one teaspoon.
Ensure you choose raw honey because it contains most of the potent healing properties your skin needs. Using raw honey masks helps reduce future skin breakouts and attracts moisture, therefore providing a favorable environment for your skin to heal on its own. The quality of honey is also based on the nectar used and other botanical factors.
Studies have proved that the dark the raw honey the more the antioxidants it has and the higher the chances of its effectiveness. Raw honey also contains many vitamins that play a crucial role in protecting and healing your skin. The following are some of them and their respective benefits:
|Nutrient||Benefit for Skin|
|Vitamin C||Heals topical symptoms such as rashes and dry skin|
|Vitamin B6||Helps in the formation of new skin cells, keeps it healthy and moisturized at all times.|
|Vitamin B1||Helps the skin function effectively thus preventing many abnormalities.|
|Vitamin B 3||Has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammations, hydrates and moisturizes your skin.|
|Zinc||Slows skin aging process and fights free radicals that cause skin diseases.|
|Vitamin B 2||Protects skin from damages caused by bacteria and other disease causing agents.|
Raw Honey Face Mask
A great way to use raw honey is by making a mask to be sued on face. this can then be used on face overnight or for the removal and a treatment of acne.
Use Raw Honey Mask Overnight
Raw honey mask can be prepared from a mixture of both honey and cinnamon powder. The quantity of both products depends on area affected by acne or other skin disorder. One tablespoon of raw honey and two tablespoons of cinnamon would be ideal for an overnight face mask. However, the honey quantity can be adjusted depending on the desired liquidity and area to be covered.
- Mix both ingredients to form a uniformly mixed paste.
- Start by applying on the areas affected then continue on the rest of you face or simply apply evenly all over the face.
- You can go to bed and leave it overnight
- Use warm water to rinse it the following morning.
- This should be repeated for a week or two before judging its effectiveness.
- The results can be very impressive. You should not give up if you do not immediately see the desired result. Some people see positive results after a day or two while others will take more than a week to see any changes.
Why Cinnamon works well with raw honey in a mask
The reason why cinnamon works well with raw honey is because it has cinnamon oil and great antimicrobial properties. Its fiber and course granules assist in skin exfoliation. The combination of this abilities whit the exceptional features of honey make it great for skin treatment and maintenance.
However, it is important to note that unlike honey, a considerably high number of people are allergic to cinnamon and should therefore use pure raw honey masks. In addition, those using cinnamon for the first time should test it on other parts of their bodies before applying on the face.
Raw Honey Face Mask for Acne
Individuals using raw honey masks to treat acne for the first time should familiarize themselves with some of the uncomfortable possibilities of using honey. For example, they are sticky, you may not get results in few days, after applications raw honey masks continue to drip causing a mess on the floor or any other parts of your house.
Some people are allergic to honey and raw honey face masks will not be an exception. In situations where raw honey mask does not work it is important to consult dermatologists to find out the possible cause of acne or any other skin disorder. Addressing the root cause is also a viable option in dealing with the problem.
For example, skin disorders caused by biological changes in the body such as hormonal imbalances or allergies to specific foods should be dealt with on that basis. Sometimes it is not easy to identify the cause of your skin problem until you consult with an expert who can take your through various tests to find out its cause.
Raw Honey Hair Mask
You do not have to go to the store shelves or spend much to have healthy beautiful hair. The raw honey in your kitchen is great products that can assist you achieve your desired hair look. Raw honey hair makes is good for your hair because it reduces dryness and strengthens it. It is natural humectants which attracts moisture therefore ensuring that your hair is not damaged.
The following is a simple procedure of how to make raw honey hair mask.
- Fresh water
- ¼ cup of raw honey
- Mix the ¼ cup of raw honey with little fresh water-enough to enable you spread it on your hair.
- You can continue applying more water or raw honey depending on how much hair you have.
- After preparing this mixture for a few days you will be able to know the exact amounts of both water and raw honey to use.
- When you are ready with the mixture, apply it in the same way you use shampoo.
- Leave it for half an hour then rinse with warm water.
- In case you do not get any positive results after a few days you can try using raw honey together with apple cider vinegar.
- Mix both the apple cider vinegar with raw honey in the same way as you did with the water and raw honey.
- Apply it on your hair and leave it for 15 minutes.
Note, the time is half that of previous solution. This is because apple cider vinegar can cause an itchy sensation or react with sensitive skin when left for a left on your hair for long.
Raw Honey and Lemon Mask
To prepare raw honey and lemon mask, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 tsp raw honey
- ½ organic lemon
- Mixing bowl
Procedure for the making raw honey and lemon mask is:
- Mix the half squeezed lemon with on tablespoon of raw honey in a bowl.
- Apply this solution on your face and try to avoid the eye area because your eyes are likely to react to lemon solution.
- Leave it to soak in your skin for between 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse it first with warm water then with cold water to close the skin pores.
- You can follow up with a moisturizer although this may not be necessary.
- The length of time you leave the solution on your skin before rinsing depends on the sensitivity of your skin.