Know more about the raw honey acne treatment procedures. Is Raw Honey Good for Acne? How to use honey for acne scars overnight. You can also use honey for pimples on oily skin and on cystic acne.
A clean skin, free from acne, is not only a sign of good health but also makes you develop a sense of confidence and positive self-image. Acne is a common skin ailment characterized by popules, pimples and red skin. It is mainly common among adolescents but can affect people in their adulthood. It can be inflammatory although in some cases it may not inflame. Several remedies for preventing and treating acne are available today. However, raw organic honey remains one of the most effective alternatives.
Organic Raw Honey Acne Treatment
Organic raw honey is used both as an exfoliating agent and a natural antiseptic taken either orally or applied in affected areas of your skin. It reduces redness and inflammations, kills bacteria, removes dead skin and makes your skin fresh, therefore preventing the growth and spread of acne in your face.
Wash your face and apply raw organic honey at least twice a day. You should first start by washing your face and leave it to dry, and then apply raw organic honey. Leave it for between 15-30 minutes before using warm water to rinse. Ensure rough particles are removed from the raw honey so that it does not tear or injure your skin upon application. Although raw organic honey that is brownish in color is said to contain more antibacterial properties, it also tends to be too grainy; you should therefore take time to remove the particles if there are any.
How can I get raw honey for acne treatment?
Raw organic honey is mainly sold in semi solid forms. You are not likely to find any particles in raw organic honey in the market because most of it goes through minor filtering. It is therefore very smooth and skin friendly. If you have a dry face it is advisable that you apply raw organic honey after washing it, but before it fully dries so that moisture is retained. Do not be too rough on the skin because it is likely to irritate it causing more issues.
Do not mix raw organic honey with any unnatural oils because it is likely to strip your skin of its oil making it very dry. Your body may not have the capability to replace all the oils lost through these processes. You should therefore avoid any activities that remove any natural nutrients and oils or irritate it. Anything you use to clean your face should leave it softer, cleaner and better. Raw organic honey does exactly that.
Raw organic honey attracts moisture making your skin soft at all times. It is suitable for sensitive skin because it is an anti-irritant.it is also safe because it is one of the few products without additives-it is harvested, minimally filtered and packed ready for the market. It is for this reason that raw honey has widely been adopted in making shower and bath products, skin lotions, face creams and hair care products.
How to Use Raw Honey for Acne and Acne Scars
Raw honey acne and pimple treatment can be achieved through a number of processes. It should be noted that such in some cases the process or method used depends on the sensitivity of the skin.
Raw Honey Mask Acne Scars
Raw honey can be mixed with olive oil to mask you face for a few minutes or overnight to prevent or treat acne. Raw honey has enzymes and can work well with the exfoliating properties of olive oil to fight acne.
Ingredients for making Raw Honey Mask
You will need:
- 3 tablespoons of organic processed virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
Procedure for applying raw honey for acne
- Rub the mixture in your face in circular motions.
- Leave it for about 15 minutes before rinsing.
You should note that:
- Raw honey contains hydroxyl acid which is very helpful in removing dead skin thus allowing new skin cells to grow in areas that had been affected by acne or other anomalies.
- Raw honey mask can be applied once every day or a couple of times a week, depending on the magnitude of the acne problem.
- Raw honey mask has strong cleansing property that helps in removing oil or any form of dirt from your face hence making it unfavorable for bacteria and acne growth. It can be mixed with castor oil to enhance its cleansing capability and open up clogged skin pores.
- Placing hot wash cloth over the face or acne after areas for about 30 seconds will help in cleaning the skin before applying raw honey. This will ensure it works optimally and assists in removing any oils that may have previously been used.
READ MORE: Raw Honey Mask for Face
Raw Honey for Cystic Acne
Cystic acne is a skin condition that causes inflamed patches and pimples on the skin. When cystic acne develops, the skin oil glands naturally become too sensitive and overproduce sebum, an oily substance that ends up making the skin engorged and blocks the pores therefore worsening instead of helping the situation.
The antiseptic properties of raw honey help in correcting this condition by removing the excess sebum and retaining moisture. Raw honey works well as an antiseptic. You can combine it with other moisturizers such as coconut oil.
Raw organic honey can be combined with several other ingredients to prevent cystic acne, without irritating the skin, as long as the user is not allergic to either honey or those other ingredients. For example, raw organic honey can be combined with lemon and applied on acne affected parts of your skin or face.
You will need
- 2 table spoons of organic raw honey
- 3 teaspoons of plain-style yoghurt
- 3 teaspoons squeezed lemon juice
The procedure for using of the raw honey for cystic acne is
- Mix these substances in bowl and stir to get a thick semi solid substance.
- Apply it on your face. It will dry after about ten minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Raw organic honey can also be mixed with canned pumpkin to make a good natural skin product against acne. In addition you will need ¼ teaspoon of cranberry juice.
- Mix two teaspoons of Organic raw honey with the canned pumpkin and cranberry juice in a bowl, and then apply on your face.
- It should be left for between 10-15 minutes before being rinsed off.
- Those with sensitive skin can remove it in less than ten minutes.
Best Raw Honey for Acne
Organic raw honey is the best form of honey for acne treatment. This is because it has great restorative effect on the skin. Organic raw honey acne also contains antioxidants that prevent the effect of free radicals on your skin. It is a good hydrating agent, contains antibacterial qualities and reduces inflammations.
Organic raw honey also assists in the elimination of any toxins that may have accumulated in the skin therefore causing cystic acne. Avoid foods rich in caffeine because they it has been proved to trigger toxins that lead to acne growth. Calcium rich foods are also not good for your skin because is leads to the production of androgen, an hormone that is largely responsible for the growth of cystic acne.
Raw Honey Acne Reviews
Using raw honey in acne treatment keeps your skin firmer and less oily thus reducing the possibility of bacterial and acne growth. In addition it helps in protecting and repair of damaged skin cells. When skin cells are damaged it exposes the skin to various infections that in turn make it more susceptible to acne.
Raw honey acne treatment also prevents cellular decay hence ensuring that your skin remains youthful at all times. Raw honey mask serves as a skin stimulators, reduces the effects of harsh weather conditions and relaxes your skin making it radiant.
References and Sources
- HOME REMEDIES FOR LIFE: http://homeremediesforlife.com/honey-for-acne/
- LIVING THE NOURISHED LIFE: http://www.livingthenourishedlife.com/raw-honey-mask-for-acne/