Does multani mitti work for dry skin? Dry skin can be quite difficult to deal with especially when irritation and itchiness sets in. Multani mitti is effective, inexpensive and skin friendly if used in the right way. Read on for more on fuller’s earth face mask for dry skin and how to use multani mitti face packs for dry skin.
- Is Multani Mitti Good for Dry Skin?
- Uses of Multani Mitti for Dry Skin
- Multani Mitti Face Pack for Dry Skin
- Fuller’s Earth Face Mask for Dry Skin
- How to Use Multani Mitti for Dry Skin
Is Multani Mitti Good for Dry Skin?
Is multani mitti good for dry skin? Multani Mitti is an excellent natural remedy for all skin types. However if you have dry skin, you will need special treatment as compared to other people. Cleansing, toning and moisturizing should be part of your skin care routine to improve the general outcome in texture.
Dryness of skin is a common problem and can be caused by several reasons such as change in weather, exposure to the sun, harsh soaps and dehydration. Dry skin looks dry, flaky and peels off giving a dull look.
Multani mitti for dry skin face packs should be able to improve your skin while locking in moisture. Choose that will rejuvenate and cause no harm to your skin.
Unlike artificial chemicals in creams and lotions, multani mitti for dry skin is natural, easily available, safe and moisturizes your skin without any side effects.
Uses of Multani Mitti for Dry Skin
Multani mitti face packs is great way to sooth and moisturize dry skin. Dry skin with irritation can be an opening for bacteria and other infections to set in causing you more skin problems like acne. Here are the uses of multani mitti for dry skin;
- Multani mitti enriches the skin with vitamins and anti oxidants that keep off free radicals
- Has a calming and soothing effect on skin
- It relieves inflammation; redness, itching and irritation
- Good for dry acne prone skin
- Improves blood circulation for your skin
- An excellent scrub for your face especially the under eye area
- Relieves sun tan and a remedy for pigmentation
- It is an antiseptic
- Reduces appearance of wrinkles
Multani Mitti Face Pack for Dry Skin
Does multani mitti work for dry skin? Multani mitti has been proven effective for all skin types. It is however important to note that, those with dry skin types should be very cautious on the kind of face packs and masks they use. If not used properly, multani mitti can be a cause of drier skin, irritation, flaking and itchiness.
Multani mitti is generally a drying agent which absorbs excess oils from the skin and may result in excessive drying and flaking of the skin. To make multani mitti face pack for dry skin, make sure that one or two of the ingredients is moisturizing to rejuvenate and enrich skin.
Here are the best multani mitti face packs for dry skin
Face pack 1- multani mitti and honey
Multani mitti and honey can be mixed together to make an effective paste for dry skin. Apply this face pack to your face and neck and let it sit for 20 minutes then wash off with warm water. Remember to splash on cold water to seal off skin pores and retain moisture. Regular application of this face pack to your skin will help infuse moisture and make it more radiant.
Face pack 2 – multani mitti and sandal wood face pack
This is the best face pack for dry acne prone skin or with blemishes. Mix sandal wood and fuller’s earth. Add in rose water or honey to make a paste. Apply this to your skin twice weekly for best results.
Face pack 3 – multani mitti and curd face pack
Besides removing impurities from your skin face pack made from multani mitti with and curd leaves your skin moist, smooth and glowing. It also calms irritations and itching that is common in people with dry skin problems.
Face pack 4 – multani mitti with papaya Face Pack
In a bowl mix multani mitti with papaya pulp; add in honey to make a paste of medium consistency. Papaya is rich in vitamin A and C. It also has antioxidants which together with honey serve as a great natural remedy for dry skin. Apply this paste to your face and wait for 20minutes before rinsing off with warm water and a splash of cold water.
Fuller’s Earth Face Mask for Dry Skin
Multani mitti face masks for dry skin provide deep nourishment to your skin. Fuller’s earth face masks for dry skin moisturize, detoxify, increase circulation and replenish nutrients.
This natural face treat will surely add a new dimension to your skin care routine. Face masks made from multani mitti might be a bit drying to your skin causing you more problems.
I recommend that you add elements that have nutrients and oils to make these masks more enriching.
Unlike facial packs which are setting masks, fuller’s earth face mask for dry skin is non setting. It basically used to reduce dryness of the skin. Being a clay mask, it needs to be applied appropriately at the right thickness.
They are soothing and give a cooling effect. Make sure to add in the components which you think your skin might be lacking. It cleans, removes dead cells and leaves your skin glowing.
To make fuller’s earth face mask for dry skin; blend 2 spoons of multani mitti, 1 spoon of honey and 1 spoon of mashed papaya. Apply this mixture on your face and let it sit until dry.
Wash off with warm water and splash on cold water for a refreshing glow. You can add in some vitamin E for skin lightening and wrinkle removal.
How to Use Multani Mitti for Dry Skin
Am guessing by now you know how good multani mitti is for skin. It has been said that multani mitti is best for oily skin since it’s a drying agent. Good news is that fuller’s earth can be used for dry skin as well.
- With the right combinations and by adding some elements like neem and rose water, it sits fit to cleanse, moisturize and lighten dry skin. But, do you know how to use multani mitti for dry skin?
- Here are several pointers on how to use multani mitti for dry skin;
- For those with dry acne prone skin, multani mitti is a great natural remedy for acne. It is an antiseptic that fight s bacteria that causes pimple breakouts on your skin. It opens up clogged skin pores a factor that contributes to dry acne prone skin.
- Use it a scrubber to remove dead skin cells from your skin. Use multani mitti with almond paste and milk, to improve dry skin and also help in blood circulation giving your skin a natural glow.
- Multani mitti will reduce pigmentation of the skin and will remove sun tan from the skin surface. It works wonderfully when it is used to remove the scars caused by acne.
- Mix multani mitti with an egg and some curd to make a face pack for moisturizing and toning dry skin types.
READ MORE: Multani Mitti for Pimples & Acne Scars