Use kaolin clay mask for face as a remedy to manage multiple skin conditions that have been critical concerns for many people. The mask is considered an inexpensive approach in skin care. In addition, the kaolin clay mask face is deemed as an ideal tool for facial therapy, acne management, and management of skin sensitivities.
Making of the kaolin clay masks is quite simple and can be done by accurately following the recipe. As such, the skin remedy approach has evolved into one of the most widely used in Asian nations such as China. The widespread acceptance of kaolinite clay can be attributed to some of its therapeutic properties.
Kaolin Clay Face Mask Benefits
Kaolin clay face masks have multiple benefits to users. Some of the benefits include:
- Skin purification: It purifies the skin and revitalizes the growth and development of skin cells.
- Boosts cell growth: Further, the clay is considered as a booster for cell growth.
- Enhances Blood Circulation: Another major benefit of kaolin clay face mask is its role in the enhancement of blood circulation. As such, nutrients and oxygen can effectively reach peripheral organs that are critical for normal human body functioning.
- Works for different types of skin: The use of kaolin clay face mask is not limited to skin types. This property makes it widely acceptable for people with different genetic constitutions.
- Effective for Oily skin: Also, studies indicate the significance of kaolin clay face mask in management of oily skin. This property is conferred by montmorillonite which is a constituent of China clay.
- Treats acne and skin breakouts: The use of kaolin clay face mask in the treatment and management of acne is a result of its interaction with the skin pores. It ensures that the pores are effectively cleaned, and also refines the general architecture of the skin.
- Rejuvenates the skin: The china clay contains fundamental vitamins and phytonutrients that rejuvenate the skin and promote progressive growth of skin cells.
Note: The use of kaolinite clay is attributed to its simplicity and cost efficiency. Unlike pharmacological alternatives, china clay is used to develop much cheaper skin care products that are affordable to low-income households. The product can also be prepared at home hence making it a viable alternative in many households.
Kaolin Clay Mask Face Recipe
Kaolin clay face mask recipe is simple and easy to follow. Examination of common skin care products indicate that they contain kaolin clay as one of the primary constituents. Therefore, the use of kaolin clay in the therapeutic industry continues to grow. Its integration as an ingredient in the cosmetic face masks is a result of its natural absorbing property.
Ingredients for Kaolin Clay Face Mask
The preparation of the basic kaolin clay face mask requires kaolin clay and water as primary ingredients. However, one may use an alternative solvent if they do not wish to use water. In most cases, the alternative solvents used are oils or liquids that are non-irritant and safe for the skin.
Recipe for Making Kaolin Clay Face Mask
The procedure of making kaolin clay mask face is:
- Add kaolin clay to water until a desired consistency is achieved.
- Apply the resultant paste on the face evenly and leave to dry.
- Wash off the kaolin clay face mask with warm water and a clean towel or piece of cloth.
- Finally, apply to the face. The moisturizer can be home-made or purchased from stores.
NOTE: The duration over which the clay is left on the face is influenced by the condition to be managed. In case of skin sensitivity, the kaolin clay face mask should be left to dry for about 5 minutes. On the other hand, the mask is left for 15 minutes if the user desires an oily face skin.
Kaolin Clay Face Mask for Acne Management
Kaolin clay face mask has characteristic absorbent property which makes it beneficial in acne treatment. In addition, the use of the product in the management of the condition is linked to its mild properties which make it less harmful to the skin. It is thus able to generate plausible results on oily skins.
Moreover, the use of kaolin clay mask in acne treatment is linked to its ability to mediate detoxification processes. This means that kaolin clay can help in eliminating harmful radicals and chemicals that would otherwise affect the integrity of the skin. The mask is also rich in minerals, a property that makes it effective in the replacement of lost minerals.
How Kaolin Clay works for acne and wrinkles
A number of principles support the use of kaolin clay mask fro face making it good for acne treatment. These include:
- Eradicates blemishes on the skin by harmonizing the rate of cell division and cell death.
- Works by regulating the degree of oiliness of the skin.
- Promotes skin purification: Kaolin clay helps to clear the pores in the skin hence promoting the withdrawal of impurities from the skin. It further soothes the skin and calms inflammatory responses.
Ingredients for Kaolin Clay Face Mask
The ingredients used in the manufacture of kaolin clay face mask for acne treatment is significantly different from the basic kaolin clay face mask. In the case of oily acne-prone skin, the ingredients include:
- Kaolin clay
- Herbal tea
- Tea tree essential oil
- Petit grain essential oil (alternative lemongrass)
- Low fat yogurt (alternative for herbal tea)
Procedure for Kaolin Clay Mask Face
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Stir to form a consistent paste.
- Wash the face
- Apply the kaolin clay face mask.
- China clay mask is then left to dry for about 20 minutes
- Wash off using warm water and appropriate cloth.
- Apply an astringent toner and a moisturizer after washing the mask off the face.
- The result is a sparkling, smooth face that is devoid of its initial oily state.
NB: The kaolin mask is also applied on the neck region. However, care is taken to prevent application of the mask into the eyes and mouth.
Kaolin Clay Face Mask for Skin Sensitivity
Kaolin clay face mask can also be prepared and used to manage skin sensitivity. The ingredients for preparing this mild solution to skin sensitivity include kaolin clay, lavender flowers, chamomile flowers, water, and colloidal oatmeal. Other solvents that can be used instead of water include honey and floral water.
The procedure involved starts with the grinding of the flowers to form a paste powder. The ingredients are then mixed in a bowl and solvent added. They are stirred to form a consistent paste which is applied in the skin, especially area with sensitivity. The kaolinite mask is left to stand for 20 minutes then washed off with warm water. A mild toner is then applied to the face.
Kaolin Clay Face Mask during Pregnancy
Many women are prone to acne during pregnancies. The use of the alternative generic controls may subject them to deleterious reactions which may threaten their pregnancies. Kaolin clay mask can be used in such instances without fear of serious side effects. The use of kaolin clay face mask in pregnancy helps to:
- Clear the acne-associated eruptions, and
- Restores confidence in pregnant women.
Final Verdict on Kaolin Clay Face Mask
Kaolin clay face mask is appropriate for solving many skin-related conditions. It can moisturize and detoxify harmful compounds on the skin, and can also be used in treatment of acne. It is mild with minimal side effects. However, it is necessary to review the allergies that one has before using the mask.
For home-made masks, individuals should avoid direct inhalation of the ingredients since such a development may lead to immunological responses. Lastly, the kaolin paste must have appropriate consistency before it can be applied on the face.