Can Dudu Osun Black Soap be used on our skin to remove acnes? Yes of course! Read the article below and learn about the overwhelming benefits accrued from using Dudu Osun Black soap, and where to buy it….
What is Dudu Osun Black Soap
Dudu Osun Black Soap is a natural skin remedy that has been used for centuries, especially by Africans. Currently, the soap is popular in all parts of the world because of its effectiveness in treating skin issues such as excessive oil, acne and blemishes
Dudu Osun Black Soap Benefits
The benefits gained when using Dudu Osun Black Soap are many and they include:
- It helps exfoliate the dead skin layer – thereby allowing the skin cells grow healthier. Your skin becomes beautifully radiant. The soap is also good in preventing skin discoloration, getting rid of makeup traces and dark spots.
- Reduces oil quantities on skin – It’s suitable for all skin types; it doesn’t matter whether your skin is the oil-monger type or dryer. Those whose skin is oily have benefited the most from the soap because it continually reduces oil quantities in the skin, avoiding the blockage of skin pores therefore avoiding acne.
- Moisturizes dry skin naturally. That, however, does not mean the dry types will become drier. The soap has the ability to leave the dry skin moisturized thus maintaining its natural beauty.
- Reduces Irritations in Individuals with psoriasis, eczema or other skin conditions – such individuals benefit a lot from the soap because the soap ashes have a healing potential and reduces irritations therefore making it good for sensitive skin.
- Has anti–aging properties – The soap can help you turn back the clock by reducing the appearance of facial lines thereby making it maintain a youthful look.
Dudu Osun Black Soap Review
- Dudu Osun black soap originated from the Yoruba people in Nigeria. “Ose” means “soap” in the Yoruba language, while “Dudu” is “black”. It thus translates to “the black soap”. Ghanaians call it “Anago Samina”.
- As its name suggests the soap is indeed black. It does not easily crumble, especially if it is stored in a cool place without moisture.
- It liquefies in moist places. Unlike many beauty soaps, Dudu Osun black soap does not stain towels.
- The soap has a slight fragrance. Its smell is similar to lime juice and easily lathers when you use it.
- Roughing it once or twice in your hand is enough to wash both your face and neck. Although is comes in many sizes the common size is relatively large and weighs 150grams and lasts about two times longer than regular bath soaps. It forms lather easily in warm and cold water.
- You do not have to go to African marketplaces or international grocery stores to get it. The soap is currently sold in many places, including regular supermarkets and beauty shops.
Dudu Osun Black Soap Ingredients
Dudu Osun black soap is entirely formulated from natural ingredients and herbs, most of which from savanna regions and tropical rain forests.
The ingredients include:
- Aloe Vera
- Osun (camwood)
- Cocoa pod ash
- Lemon juice
- Lime juice
- Palm kernel oil
- Palm bunch ash
- Pure honey
- Pure Honey
- Calcium Carbonate
The ingredients make it great for sensitive skin, reduction of facial lines and freckles and treatment of common skin blemishes.
It also enriched with Shea butter, which is known to be a great solution for dark spots, eczema and stretch marks. The fact that is has no dyes or chemicals makes it less harsh compared to common soaps. The pure honey used makes the bar silky smooth.
NB: Over time, manufacturers have formulated several ways of making the soap using these ingredients. However, the process of making the soap involved the burning of the Osun (camwood) and cocoa pods before the other ingredients are added one after the other in different proportions.
How to Use Dudu Osun Black Soap
There is no big difference between the use of this soap and other regular soaps.
- You just need to rough it between your hands to form lather before applying it directly on your face, neck or any part of your body.
- Nonetheless, it is advisable that you first clean the part of the body with pure water before using the soap.
- Use warm or cold water. This is especially useful for people with sensitive skin because it will reduce redness and stinging.
- Gently apply the soap to ensure that any particles present will not tear or injure your skin. Ensure the soap does not get into your eyes.
- Do not leave the soap on the skin for too long before rinsing it off. You do not need to scrub hard any part of your body while using it.
- Its diverse ingredients have properties that easily and efficiently work on your skin.
Dudu Osun Black Soap Acne
There are many reasons why Dudu Osun Black soap is used in the prevention and treatment of acne.
- It contains a high percentage of calcium carbonate derived from diverse forms of wood ash.
- It also contains potash, an ingredient used in making lye. Lye is common in most soap ingredients.
- However, lime, which is essential in the prevention of acne is absent in regular soaps. Although both lime and lye are corrosive, they can be very useful, especially when used in small quantities.
- Dudu Osun Black soap has the right proportions for your use in the control of acne.
- The soap also has antibacterial properties thereby making it difficult for bacteria to survive on your skin by creating a highly alkaline environment.
It also has disinfecting qualities which work with your skin within a few seconds. Remember, the same ingredients have an irritating effect, particularly for sensitive skin, if it is not well rinsed.