African Black Soap Benefits many people around the world. However, is African black soap natural? Read this article and learn of the massive benefits the soap has on our skin and hair including the treatment of skin problems such as eczema.
What is African Black Soap?
African black soap, also called Alata Samina originates from West Africa, particularly Ghana, and has been in use for many centuries. The ingredients and methods of making the soap have been secretly passed down through many generations to avoid imitation and exploitation. That is why many people still find it difficult to develop the original African black soap today.
It is for this reason that individuals are advised to be on the lookout for fake versions of African black soap. The process of making is very delicate and a slight mistake will lead to an entirely different ineffective product. That is why the fake types can easily be noticed; they are hard because they are dyed and loaded with different vegetable oils.
What Is African Black Soap Good for?
Is African Black soap good for you? Yes. It has several antioxidants and skin nourishing benefits which other soaps cannot provide.
Some of the common uses of the soap include:
- Protects against premature aging,
- Removes facial lines,
- Improvements of skin tone,
- Deep cleansing, and
- Alleviation in razor bumps that occur after shaving, especially for men.
Raw African Black Soap Benefits
There are numerous benefits of raw African black soap. So in case you are asking questions like, “what does African black soap do?” and “can you bathe with African black soap?”, continue reading here below.
African Black Soap Benefits for Skin
African black soap is made of many ingredients most of which have exceptional benefits to the skin. For example:
- It smoothens the skin: The soap is made from tropical honeys that are good in creating a smooth skin surface and generally softening hard skin tissues.
- Strengthens the skin: Most of these ingredients are also rich in vitamin A and E which have scientifically been proven to work well in strengthening and softening the skin.
- Makes skin soft and supple: The high amount of glycerin in the soap absorbs moisture from the air thus making the skin supple and soft.
- Removes Excess Oil: The soap as a long history of treating or relieving the skin of excess oil, prevention and clearing of blemishes, stretch marks, dry skin and in the treatment of acne.
- Moisturizes skin: The shear butter contained is very useful for people with dry skin because of its moisturizing effect. You do not need to scrub the soap hard on the surface of the skin. It naturally acts on it upon application.
- Exfoliates skin: It also has great exfoliating properties that can rejuvenate rough skin, ant fungal and antibacterial qualities can be used for skin healing purposes and reduction of skin irritations or inflammation
- Protects Sensitive skin against Sunburns: There are no preservatives used in the making of this soap, hence making it safe for sensitive skin. The honey and shear butter in the soap helps in protecting your skin against sunburns.
- Prevents Rashes with Skin: In addition, cocoa pods and shear butter, which are both ingredients used in making the soap contain cinnamic acid, which is vital in preventing of rashes and the effects of harsh wind on the skin.
African Black Soap Benefits for Hair
African black soap benefits the hair in a number of ways: For instance:
- Removes product buildup in the hair
- Relieves itchy or dry scalp.
- Seals in natural moisture, thereby making your hair soft and smooth.
- Plantain enzymes contained in its ingredients are useful in prevention scalp irritation and possible hair loss.
- The soap also acts as both a detoxifier and an exfoliator for your hair.
How to use African Black soap for hair
- Work the soap between your hands, into rich lather and gently use it to massage your scalp.
- Wait for about 2-5 minutes and rinse it with cool or warm water.
- You can repeat this process if you find it necessary.
- You can use a conditioner and work it from the root to the ends.
- Leave it for about five minutes before thoroughly rinsing it.
- If you want to carry out deep conditioning, you should leave it for about 15 minutes before starting.
- You can then style your hair as you desire after you are through with the process.
African Black Soap Benefits Eczema
- The natural ingredients used in the manufacture of the soap promote the healing of Eczema and other skin problems such as psoriasis.
- If used regularly, the antioxidants in the soap will help prevent your skin against the eczema.
- The palm tree leaves used in the manufacture of the soap contain substances that reduce or control skin irritants that make the skin susceptible to conditions such as eczema.
- Those already with eczema should use the soap for 3-5 times a day while bathing or on the areas affected. This should continue for up to two weeks.
- The skin condition is likely to clear off even before the end of a week.
Natural Black Soap Benefits
Benefits of Natural Black Soap include:
- Compared to other soaps, Natural black soap has the highest content of Shea butter, which contains UV protection qualities. This makes it very helpful for people with different types of skin sensitivities.
- It does not have much smell. This thus makes it good for people who detest soap smells or particular types of fragrance.
- It leaves the skin very clean with no scrub marks as is common with the use of other soaps. This makes it good for use by the elderly or babies.
- The soap is great in the removal of makeup, thereby leaving your skin clear, soft, natural and smelling nice.
- African black soap contains natural sodium, which is very helpful in cleaning the scalp and strengthening your hair thereby avoiding breakages.
READ MORE: Dudu Osun Black Soap Benefits