Read this article to understand how to use bentonite clay face mask for itchy or oily skins. Here, I examine the results of using the clay – before and after. I will also describe the recipes used in making the recipes. finally, I will review the benefits of using this clay on face
- Can I use Bentonite Clay for face?
- Bentonite Clay face mask – What is it?
- Bentonite Clay face mask recipe
- Bentonite Clay face Mask before and after – Picture
- Bentonite Clay face Mask benefits
- Bentonite Clay face mask side effects
- Bentonite Clay for Face Reviews
Can I use Bentonite Clay for face?
Yes! For countless decades people have been applying clay on their face. There are several benefits of using this clay on your face. This clay is clay is readily absorbed into the skin. The following are benefits of using bentonite clay on the face.
- Draws out toxins and makeup among other impurities from the facial skin.
- Bentonite clay is laden with silica for making skin smooth and softer. Silica helps to strengthen connective tissues, tendons, muscle, ligaments and cartilage thus making the skin super smooth and soft
- Bentonite clay also helps to prevent overproduction of sebum that causes acne. You can use this clay to avoid outbreaks, white and blackheads, acne and skin irritation due to bacterial infections.
- Glowing skin appearance is another benefit of using bentonite clay on the face. This clay works by conditioning and nourishing the skin by getting rid of dead cells, drawing out extra oils, toxins and impurities from the skin surface.
- Exfoliation of the skin is an essential part of skin care that involves removal of dead cells and unclogging oil and dirt pores.
Bentonite Clay face mask – What is it?
Most people using bentonite clay face mask have confirmed that indeed it has many benefits associated with this clay. On how often you can use face mask, this mask can be applied once or a few times a week for greater results. Some people are also using this clay daily.
They leave on the face for about an hour or longer and have noticed significant improvement on their skin within a week of application.
Bentonite clay face mask is used on the face to cleanse toxins, dirt, makeup and other impurities on the facial skin. This clay mask nourishes and refreshes skin and has been widely praised for exfoliating and reducing skin discoloration and red marks.
The negative electric charge produced by this clay when it is added to water helps to bind toxins and other impurities on its surface for removal from the skin with the clay on rinsing.
Bentonite Clay face mask recipe
You will require the following items and ingredients to make bentonite clay face mask:
- One teaspoon of pure bentonite clay
- One teaspoon of apple cider vinegar or water
- A cup or a bowl and spoon for mixing
Avoid mixing with metal spoon because it leaches into the clay. Since ingredients involved are very few, the process of making this clay at home is equally simple.
Bentonite Clay face Mask before and after – Picture
Shown below are before and after pictures reveals the appearance of the skin after applying bentonite clay face mask.
Bentonite Clay face Mask benefits
As stated earlier in this article, bentonite clay is draws out toxins and impurities from pores, speeds up healing process and reduces inflammation of tissues.
In respect to facial use, this clay lightens acne spots on the face and also reduces redness of the skin. There are multiples reasons for using bentonite clay on your face as highlighted below:
- Regenerating skin tissues to speed up healing process
- Drawing out toxins and impurities from the skin
- Preventing overproduction of sebum
- Providing an even skin tone
- Lightening the acne spots on the face
- Skin exfoliation to unclog pores and removing dead cells
- Providing a definite glow to the skin
- Making the skin appear softer
Bentonite Clay face mask side effects
Bentonite clay detox side effects are common among persons who use it for external detoxication. The symptoms include joint pain and stiffness caused by toxins in muscle and joint fluids as they are eliminated from the body after applying this agent.
Other symptoms include tiredness and muscle pain and mild headaches. These undesirable and negative side effects are more intense on the first use and will decline with subsequent use of the clay.
Face red after face mask
Face mask can leave some redness on the skin afterwards depending on your type of facial. According to American Society of Plastic Surgery, chemical peels and microderm abrasion can be so harsh on the skin to leave the skin red and feeling irritated for some days.
However simple remedies around the home can be used to reduce redness of the skin and make it resume natural balance.
Always avoid direct sunlight until you understand how the facial has impacted the skin. This is done by wearing sunglasses and a hat outside after treatment.
This will help to keep redness on check since some ingredients and procedures can make some skins particularly sensitive one more vulnerable to sun redness and damage by the sun.
Apply cold compress on redness spots on the face using cold peppermint herbal teabags to minimize the swellings and calming down irritation and inflammation of the skin.
You may also use oatmeal products to calm and moisturize the skin when it gets irritated. Over the counter pain relievers may also be used to reduce swelling, pain and redness experienced after facial.
Bentonite Clay for Face Reviews
Bentonite clay face mask is a common alternative to facial treatment like toners, cleansers and scrubs used on the face to remove impurities, toxins and makeup.
Users have confirmed that external use on the face has limited symptoms compared to internal use of bentonite clay. Therefore, regular external use of this clay is recommended for the health and well being of the entire body and skin in particular
It has been reported in most reviews that using bentonite clay on the face can help develop a younger skin and also improve texture and tone of the skin. The uneven tone and aged looking skin are caused by dead cells on the surface of the skin.
By exfoliation, this clay has the power to eliminate dead cells thus allowing younger and newer skin to emerge. This provides you with a skin complexion with revitalized appearance.
Besides homemade remedy, note that bentonite clay can be used in different ways from baths, toothpaste and baby powder to promote overall health and well being of the skin and the body in general.
Bentonite clay rose water face mask
DIY bentonite clay rose mask and rose water is a common facial treatment. Rose water is a co-product released in the process of making rose essential oil. This herbal distillate has enormous beneficial attributes similar to the oil itself.
However, Rose essential oil is expensive and hence rose water is affordable in making clay mask. Combining benefits of these ingredients gives a more beneficial mask for the face and skin in general.
Bentonite Clay and Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Facial mask can also be made by mixing the clay with apple cider vinegar. This is because apple cider vinegar has nourishing and skin rejuvenation for younger and smoother skin.
Bentonite Clay and metal
Bentonite clay produce negative electric charged in water which have the capacity to remove heavy metals from the body.
On this note, this clay should never be stored in metal container or even mixed with other ingredients using metal objects like the skin.
READ MORE: Bentonite Clay in Hindi, Urdu and Tamil
Sources & References on bentonite clay face mask